Saturday, June 5, 2010

Cinnamon Tortilla Chips


I have been getting ready for my trip to Missouri and I looked for a snack to take with me for the 4 hour ride there.  I thought about cookies, but I wanted to make something that I haven't cooked before.  So I googled around and came across Cinnamon Tortilla Chips.  They sounded easy enough and looked yummy and seemed like it would be something good to take in the car on a trip.  And me, I LOVE cinnamon.  Ever since I was little I have always enjoyed cinnamon, whether it was cinnamon toast or the cinnamon biscuits and cinnamon pancakes to even mixing it into my fried egg...I loved it.
So let's get started!

After heating the oven to 400 degrees, get out the soft tortilla shells.  Cut them into whatever shape you want.  I just did triangles.  But you can get funky and cut out hearts or flowers or whatever you want!


Place them on the baking sheet and brush them with the melted butter.  Sprinkle on the cinnamon and sugar!  I put some extra cinnamon on them to make them extra good :)

Now just stick those babies in the oven until they are slightly brown and delicious looking!

Let them cool and then enjoy!!!!!

Me and my mom gobbled up some before I had chance to take the picture :).  I added some extra sugar cause they weren't very sweet at first.




Here is the recipe:
Cinnamon Tortilla Chips
Ingredients:
- 8 -8 inch tortillas
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons melted butter

Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Cut tortillas into sections.  Melt the butter.  In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon.
3. Brush tortillas with melted butter. Place on cookie sheets and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar mixture.
4. Place in the oven for about 6 minutes or until slightly brown.
5. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

I also couldn't help myself and I made some cookies too!
Chocolate chip cookies are absolutely wonderful!!!
I normally use the recipe on the back of the Tollhouse chocolate chip container but my mom always says they aren't quite sweet enough.  So I decided to try a different recipe this time.  Martha Stewart's Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies.  The model picture looked delicious!
And here they are:
 Mine don't look quite as pretty as the one from the website but they still tasted good!!!  They spread out and were pretty flat and they look kinda funny cause the chocolate chips are protruding out the top.  But they are still wonderful!  Next time I think I will try another recipe in search of the Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe!

I have to finish paking for my trip.  I am so excited!!!
Toodles!
--Brittany

0 comments:

Post a Comment