Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Sugar Cookies!


Hello.
I know it has been a LONG time since my first post.  I could sit here and make excuses why such as got busy with school, or haven't had time...but honestly, I have had PLENTY of time.  I just didn't take the time to blog about anything.  And it isn't that I haven't baked stuff cause believe me, I have.  Most of the stuff I would start taking pictures of the beginning stages, lots and lots of pictures...but then I would forget to take pictures of the ending stages, the ones that matter the most.  So that is basically why I haven't posted anything recently.  And since I don't really have any readers, I figured I wasn't disappointing anyone. Lol.

Ok...now on to the reason for my second post.  My aunt has her own blog called Cookie Crazie.  If you haven't looked at it you totally should head on over there. I have been following her blog for some time now.  I am always amazed at how wonderful her cookies are!  Once, my sister and I tried to make some cookies also but they didn't turn out very good....at ALL!  I vowed I would never try again.  But as I continued to look at my aunt's blog, and at other blogs I was re-inspired. So I researched to try and find the best recipe and tutorials and anything else that would help me out on this new adventure that I was heading out on.

There is a website that is called Cookiers-R-Us.  It is a fabulous place to ask questions and get answers and share ideas.  I found a cookie recipe here and asked some questions.  I found my icing recipe at University of Cookie which also helped me out.

So I had my cookie recipe, my icing recipe, now I just had to jump in and start cooking.
I made the cookie dough, rolled it out between two pieces of wax paper, stuck it in the freezer for a little while, crossed my fingers, cut out my shapes, placed them on the pan, stuck them in the oven, and set the timer.  During the ten minutes they were cooking, I kept wanting to peek a look inside the oven to see how they were turning out.  The anticipation was rising. And then...BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP...the timer went off!  I took the cookies out and the beautiful golden brown shapes that I had cut looked so delicious and I just wanted to gobble them up right there.  But with the little bit of self control I had I waited.

I made the icing and colored it.  I didn't know exactly what I was doing but I still wasn't going to give up.  I couldn't get BLACK icing...just a light grey.  But that was good enough for this time!  I tried to ice the cookies and, oh my, it is not as easy as it looks at all!  Fortunately, I believe I had pretty basic shapes and designs.  So I just iced away.

Would you like to see the pictures of my first sugar cookies (I don't count the very first attempt cause my sister was the one that made them more than me ;) I was there for support. lol) ??  Ok I will show you.

But please don't laugh.  This was my FIRST attempt.  Ok...here they are!
Ok so her is a duckie...it's kinda cute...right?

















Here are some stars....They are kinda sloppy.   :/











These are my favorites out of the bunch....even though they still are not very good. Lol.










And lastly, we have some smiley faces.  They are kinda whacky shaped...lol.

So yeah, that was my first attempt at decorating suger cookies.  They tasted good to me too!  My mom and sister enjoyed them also!!!  So I say, even though it wasn't perfection, it was still a success!  ^_^

--Brittany

0 comments:

Post a Comment